Rural Residency Program – Hettinger, ND
The first year of residency is done in Bismarck at the core program. The last two years are done at the rural site in Hettinger. The core program has a strong 40 year history, and the Hettinger site has been training learners for over 20 years.
- Great one-on-one environment to help teach and guide students
- Attendings outnumber the residents 4:1
- Each attending has their own different strengths that they share and the teaching is outstanding
- An educational environment where residents are able to incorporate Attending advice and skills into their own practice
- Unparalleled opportunities for procedural training
Hettinger is a community of approximately 1200 in rural southwest North Dakota. the local public school is pre-K through 12. Mirror Lake and Mirror Lake park, located on the south end of Main Street, offers modern camping facilities with full hook-ups, large playground area, and a walking/running path around the lake. The Hettinger area offers outstanding fishing and upland bird and big game hunting. The community also boasts an indoor/outdoor swimming pool and 9-hole golf course.Hettinger has an old-fashioned 4th of July celebration. The local Chamber of commerce at www.hettingernd.com