Integrated RTT – Elma, WA
Traditional 1:2 rural program integrated with Providence St. Peter Family Medicine Residency program in Olympia, WA which offers hands-on training across the patient care delivery spectrum. Educational experiences span the continuum of patient care, from a large urban core hospital to a rural critical access hospital, ambulatory care, and rural health clinics. Physicians are specifically trained to lead interprofessional health teams, care for the needs of all patients, and serve the healthcare needs of the rural community.
- Rural clinical site with family medicine physicians providing the full scope of family medicine care in the community
- Opportunities to train longitudinally with specialists in the rural setting, including OB/GYN, Dermatology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, and General Surgery
- Collaboration with rural community health partners for unique patient care integration across settings
- Innovative low barrier substance use disorder clinic and addiction medicine training including Suboxone management
- Full spectrum family medicine training including OB from well-trained family physicians
- Interprofessional team based care delivery approach in the rural setting with pharmacy, nursing, nutrition, physical therapy, social services, naturopathy, and health administration professionals
- High patient volume and diverse disease presentations in emergency, urgent care, inpatient and ambulatory care delivery settings
- Opportunity for learning a wide spectrum of ambulatory and hospital procedures
- Integration with medical student education to optimize clinical teaching skills
- Options for full spectrum family medicine practice and faculty teaching jobs at Summit Pacific Medical Center post-residency
Grays Harbor is an exceptional place to work and live, and offers unique qualities and more relaxed lifestyle that you don’t find everywhere. There are virtually no crowds to contend with, and plenty of options of things to do along with a moderate cost-of-living. This unspoiled region offers a simpler way of life and an easygoing routine, void of heavy traffic and long work commutes. With roughly 71,000 residents living within the county, the nearly 2,000 square miles of land makes for incredible opportunities to own acres of property while still living near the city. Whether you prefer a more rural or beach lifestyle, you can find it here on the beautiful Pacific coast in western Washington. The climate is temperate year round with an abundance of nature to explore. Visiting the beach, mountains, forest or lakes is easy with seven state parks that make enjoying the outdoors stress-free. For those looking to make Grays Harbor their long-term home, the cost of living is very affordable and housing prices are relatively low, giving buyers plenty of options for the entire family.