Developing RTT – Rexburg, ID
This 1-2 Rural Training Track is an innovative and quality focused residency which identifies and addresses the needs of the rural community and aligns these with the needs of the learners across the continuum of care.
- Strong hospital-based rotations as an R1 to gain experience and confidence, including intensive pediatric experience at Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City
- Broad-based, highly competent family physicians in Rexburg practice C-sections and colonoscopies as well as teaching these procedures
- Younger patient population driven by relationships and rotations with BYU-Rexburg (sports medicine and student health rotations)
- Rural behavioral health unit experience linked with the University of Utah Department of Psychiatry
- Elective curriculum flexibility
The community of Rexburg is known for its proximity to prominent state parks and forest service land, world-famous trout fishing, and water sports. https://rexburgfun.com/
RTT residents have travel and relocation reimbursement. As employees of Idaho State University, residents enjoy an unusual level of benefits and malpractice protection.