Rurally located Program – Roseburg, OR
Newly accredited, unopposed, 8/8/8 residency program embedded in an innovative Patient-Centered Primary Care Home (PCPCH) practice and affiliated with a full-service regional medical center in Roseburg, Oregon. Our mission is to train exceptional family physicians who are ideally suited for rural practice in the 21st Century.
- CHI Mercy Health Mercy Medical Center was recently rated as a Top 20 Rural Hospital
- Our teaching clinic is an FQHC and is recognized as the highest level of Patient-Centered Primary Care Home by the State of Oregon as a level five (5) PCPCH
- Unique educational opportunities including a longitudinal, interest-guided community medicine experience, enhanced mental health training, Medication-Assisted Therapy training (MAT), training in a wide variety of office-based procedural skills, global health rotation opportunities and comprehensive practice management training
- We want residents with a sense of adventure, a pioneering spirit and who are passionate about their education and committed to caring for rural comunities
- Our residents, especially the first several classes, will have a large impact on where the residency is headed and will help sculpt our program
- Roseburg and the surrounding Umpqua region was recently named a Blue Zones Project Demonstration Community, which is an initiative focusing on implementing a comprehensive, evidence-based plan for improving community well-being
- Roseburg Family Medicine Residency program is dedicated to helping our residency maintain a healthy lifestyle, work-life balance , and enjoy residency training in Roseburg, Oregon
- Roseburg is located in beautiful Douglas County, a community that offers affordable housing, excellent schools, amazing outdoor recreation, farmer’s markets, wineries and much more
- Other reasons to apply?
- Competitive salary and benefits, including fourteen (14) days of paid vacation and ten (10) days of paid sick time per year
- CME funds provided, including five (5) days of paid leave to attend CME activities
- Moonlighting is permitted to those that qualify in PGY2 & PGY3
- Annual resident retreat
- Fifth Wednesday Didactics are dedicated to Cultural Awareness and Book Club, and are an opportunity to gain knowledge about our community outside of the clinic setting
- Spring and summer activities! UACT, Movies in the Park, Music on the Half Shell, Graffiti weekend, U-pick farms, hiking, camping, waterfalls, kayaking, fly fishing and so much more!
Our faculty and staff would agree that Roseburg is a wonderful place to live. We have mild climates, all four seasons, lots of opportunity for outdoor adventures, located in the heart of the Umpqua wine region, and we live in a tight-knit community that is excited to welcome and train new family physicians.
RFMR is dedicated to ensuring that each of our residents feel “at home” in rural (but not frontier) Roseburg, Oregon. We want you to feel welcome and that you are not only joining a residency program, but you have become a part of our “RFMR family.”
A plethora of information about Roseburg and its surrounding communities: http://www.visitroseburg.com/ and at www.theumpqualife.com
Learn about the people of the Umpqua Valley at https://www.theuvlife.com
More about the Umpqua Blue Zones Project: https//www.facebook.com/BlueZonesProjectUmpqua/