Urban Program with Rural Site- Ellensburg, WA
Central Washington Family Medicine Residency Program Ellensburg Rural Track (CWFMR-E) is a 3-year family medicine program sponsored by Community Health of Central Washington and affiliated with the University of Washington Family Medicine Residency Network. CWFMR-E was founded on the belief that the best preparation for rural practice is rural training.
• ACGME accreditation with Osteopathic Recognition
• Mission of service and education
• Two residents per year for three years
• Three years of continuity at the rural site
• Able to take advantage of the specialties in the larger city of Yakima
• Abundant nearby rural practice opportunities post-residency
• Unique sports medicine experiences including high school, college athletics and the Ellensburg PRCA Rodeo
The program provides full spectrum Family Medicine training including OB, integrated behavioral health, osteopathic manipulation medicine, procedural training and inpatient pediatric and adult medicine.
Ellensburg is a small city nestled in the foothills of the cascades with abundant opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts. More information at: https://www.myellensburg.com/ .
The program offers mileage reimbursement for travel between the rural and core programs. The program also provides a call-room apartment while in Yakima, and reimbursement for all required exams, state and DEA licenses, and certification in ALSO, NRP, Nexplanon, and ACLS.