UACOM-SC FMR offers the best of many worlds. We serve the urban underserved in an academic hospital with the feel of a small community hospital. Required rural rotations in FM, OB, and EM across Arizona, where residents are often the only learners. Offering global health, integrative medicine and Spanish/underserved tracks.
• 16 weeks required rural training with option for more
• Strong, high volume, family medicine run inpatient service
• 20% of patients in clinic are Spanish speaking only
• 20% of patients in clinic are refugees from around the world
• Strong Department of Family and Community Medicine at The University of Arizona
Housing at rural sites is provided at no cost to residents. Mileage to and from rural sites is also covered. The website for our chamber of commerce is tucsonchamber.com