Rural Track Program- Jackson, CA
The Amador track is a “1-2” program and our first residents started in June 2021! The first year will be spent in Sacramento. The second and third years will focus on rural Amador County with the linchpin for training being the Family Medicine Continuity Clinic in Jackson, CA.
• Rural training- but connected to vast Sutter Health hospital system and specialty referral network
• Sutter Amador Hospital is the only hospital in Amador County, serving a population base of 45,000.
• Long-term medical student rotation site for both UC Davis School of Medicine and Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
• Vibrant, involved community members
• Strong county public health program
• Optimal location for outdoor recreation, country-living, while also being within an hour’s drive of urban locations
• Close-knit community
• Multiple generations of families live here, along with large population of retired residents
• Outdoor recreation – hiking, fishing, exploring caverns, and skiing.
• Within 2 hours of the Lake Tahoe region and prime ski resorts
• Abundant wine tasting at local wineries in Shenandoah Valley, and opportunities to explore antique shops and local eateries.
• Amador Chamber of Commerce https://amadorchamber.com/
• County Public Health Website https://www.amadorgov.org/services/public-health
• Amador County Unified School district (https://amadorcoe.org/about/) offers a STEM magnet school, a VAPA magnet school, a county-state preschool, career technical education, adult education and a variety of special edu cation services.
• Within the county, there are two high schools, one alternative high school, two junior high schools, six elementary schools, and an independent study program.
*This program is overseen and coordinated from the Sacramento program hub.